Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween from the Gulls!


Our young Anakin has now turned to the dark side...Cynthia, my sister-in-law warned us that that the cupcakes she brought were messy, boy was she right. I took this picture just after Aaron finished eating his yummy cupcake. I don't really want to go into all the details, but I just have to say that the dye in these cupcakes didn't just leave a mark on his lips....




Thanks to Grandpa and Grandma Gull, the boys had some pretty big pumpkins this year. They got to pick them out themselves at the farm. This was also the first year we got Ethan to actually put his hand inside the pumpkin. He even helped scrap out the seeds. He's always been a little too leary about doing that, but not this year. Aaron was upset when we finished carving his pumpkin because it didn't look mean enough. Mark did a great job and convinced him that his pumpkin was indeed a mean looking pumpkin.


We got crafty and made some Halloween shirts thanks to the Family Fun magazine for the idea. I hadn't tie-dyed anything in many years. The boys thought it was pretty cook when they started taking out the elastics. I thought they turned out pretty cute.


It's a long story, one that I really don't want to relive or take the time to type right now. Ethan decided this week that he wanted to be a mummy for Halloween - I know he'll never want to be this ever again - so we tried our hand at making him a mummy. I really do think deep down that he liked his costume - it's made from some of my curtains....Alex was a hornet (not a bee, bees are for girls and hornets are for boys) and Aaron went from being Anakin last week at his school program to being Darth Vader this week. He truly has turned to the dark side.


I just had to include this photo - it cracked me up. I came down the stairs and found the boys checking out the goods. Not sure if you can tell what Aaron has done, but he dumped out his bucket and went through and sorted all his candy into piles. He is one funny guy.

5 comments:

Marty said...

What handsom little guys you have! I love the bat pumpkins that you were talking about! Abbey liked how they were hugging each other in their pumpkin shirts. Oh and I love the carpet/tile, and Aarons sorting skills.

The Mighty Miners said...

Yes you definately don't need to worry about his sorting skills at school. Glad to hear someone elses kid turned to the dark side, sy started out wanting to be aniken and changed his mind to be darth sidius (I know I spelled that wrong, but I have no idea what to spell it like...) the gross guy with the white face!

Momma Dil said...

I'm totally curious about what else got dyed by those cupcakes - LOL! I love how those tie dye shirts came out...you'll have to post the instructions, I think that would be fun to try next year.

Anneke said...

Those little pumpkin shirts are so stinkin' cute! I love the "hornet" and I totally understand how a bee is not quite manly enough. Your kids are so so cute! I bust up laughing just thinking about Aaron.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Mindy! What a cute family. Hope you don't mind me checking out your blog! And congrats on the new little one. I'd love to chat more....my email is kswaner@msn.com

kelli (moser) swaner