Sunday, October 12, 2008

Miscalculation....and a big surprise!!!

On Friday I went to see my OB for what I thought was my 39 week check up - the nurse took me through the usual: weight, urine sample, blood pressure, then says, "Well, your due date is tomorrow, have you talked to the doctor about possible induction?"
I respond, "My due date is tomorrow, Oct. 11 - not Oct. 17? Really?"
Okay, how long have I been pregnant? How can this be? I was totally shocked. At the beginning of my pregnancy, the doctor questioned the date I was giving him and said I was a week further along than I thought. Now, I know some of you may be thinking, its ONE week, that's just SEVEN days, but to a woman that is 40 weeks pregnant, it makes a huge difference!!
When the doctor came in, he simply asked if I was ready to be induced or if I wanted to wait this thing out. It really surprised me. So I jumped at the chance to get this thing over, and he went and called Labor and Delivery to see when I could come on in. So...our big day is going to be tomorrow - October 13, Columbus Day. I had to laugh when I realized this. Aaron was born on Groundhog Day. We like to hit those really exciting holidays at our house.
Ethan was so cute when I told him the news - he simply giggled and giggled, and said, I can't believe the baby is coming on Monday!! I was a little shocked when I looked at him, his eyes were a little watery, like he was going to start crying, it made my heart smile. He's been so excited about his new little brother coming and tells everyone that his mom's tummy is big because there's a baby in there. At least for now I have an excuse for my belly.
This little guys still doesn't have a name, not even close - Mark actually added something new to the mix last night and I told him, this is crazy, we're still adding new names to our list. So...we'll call the hospital in the morning and see when they want us to come in. I can't believe it's actually happening. We are going to be the parents of three little guys. How blessed we are! These past few months I've been trying to figure out why the Lord thinks we can really do this. Mark has assured me that the Lord has faith in us and knows we can do this. I'm still a little hesitant, and I'm relying on Mark's faith for now.

On a totally different topic, but something I just wanted to get off my chest. Today was a really sad day at church. I started walking in and was trying not to cry; all I had in my hands were my scriptures - that's it. I was released as Primary President the week before conference, so today was my first week to not attend Primary. I saw the children walking in and got all sad. I felt a little funny being in Relief Society, haven't been there for about 5 or 6 years. Then, the opening song was "I Am a Child of God." I couldn't even sing the first verse, I was crying - this is the Primary theme for the year. How I have loved being with the children of our ward. They are amazing, and I love hearing their heartfelt questions and answers while we discuss the gospel. They have taught me so much.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...I am pretty sure you are at the hospital right now. Good luck! I hope you have a great time there and little doesn't-have-a-name-yet comes out gracefully! I can't wait to see pictures!!! ...Summer

The Mighty Miners said...

Good luck! I hope all goes well for you guys. Can't wait to hear his little name. Im so glad you got to have him today. Forty weeks and forty one is a HUGE difference! Take care,

colin said...

What a nice surprise! I hope you have had your little boy by now and are both happy and healthy. Can't wait to see pictures!
KJ

Brockett's said...

Not like you aren't busy now....... don't leave us hanging too long!! I hope he who has not been named (ha ha sounds like Harry Potter) has a name! Congratulations!!!

The Wheelers said...

hope all went well!