Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Big Brother!!

Today is my big brother, Brandon's, birthday. He's 2 1/2 years older than me, and although he was your typical older brother and often made my life a little miserable, I have so many great memories of him. I don't know if I ever told him this, but I secretly wanted to be his twin when I was little. I'm not sure why, but I distinctly remember lying once and telling someone that we were twins...go figure?

Random funny memories of Brandon: going to a movie in Preston one night with him and some friend, and he wouldn't let me sit by them, I had to sit by myself -- he'd make cookie dough and then tell me it was my job to roll out the dough and bake them -- toilet papering Mr. G's house and nearly getting caught -- staying out later than mom thought we should and having her come looking for us (not a good thing!) -- hooking up the Porter's trampoline Christmas wreath to the van and dumping it off at someone's home....the trend I'm seeing, I got in more trouble with Brandon and his friends than I did with my own...at least he kept my life interesting!!!
LOVE YOU, BRANDON!
Wishing you a very Happy Birthday!

All of my old photos are packed away in storage - so here's a current one of Brandon, he recently ran in his first marathon - what a great accomplishment!
His daughter, Bailey ran with him at the end of the race - he's such a great dad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are great memories! Happy birthday Brandon! ...Summer