Thursday, November 6, 2008

Christmas in the air

Yesterday we had our first real snow of the year, some that actually stuck around for more than a few hours, and boy were my two boys excited!!! Poor Ethan had to go to school, and Aaron got to stay home and play, at least until it was time for preschool. I got Aaron all geared up in his snow clothes, and he went out for some long awaited fun. He and I made a little snowman, pictured below. In true Aaron fashion, as soon as we finished making him, asks, "Can I break it now?"

The boys have spent all their spare time outside playing in the snow with the neighbor kids. I'm not sure how much longer this snow will last, but I'm enjoying all the fun the boys are having playing in it. Ethan continues to pray that it will snow more. I just don't have the heart to tell him that the weekend is only bringing sun...






The funny story of the day: Ethan decided he needed to write a letter to Santa informing the big guy of what he wanted for Christmas. (He's never done this before, and it was something he came up with entirely on his own.) I asked him if he knew Santa's address and Ethan responded, like I was the dumbest person ever, "Mom, it's just the North Pole."

Here's what he wrote:
Dear Santa, Can you give me these? Please and it is up here. Zero Gravity Mini R/C

This toy is something he found in the Toys R' Us wish book, but he's also seen it on tv where you call to order it. He's convinced that Santa has to have the phone number to order it too, because as Ethan says, Santa doesn't have wires, so he can't make it at the North Pole.

So I help him find an envelope and stamp and then he asks, "Can I close it now?" I told him he could if he had what he needed in the envelope. Ethan stopped and thought then said, "I'll be right back." When he came back into the kitchen he handed me the envelope, and I just had to laugh. Ethan had put some money in there. I asked him what it was for, and he said, "It just something to help him get started. I gave him a dime, a nickle, and a penny."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I hope you keep the letter forever. The snow looks fun! It only rains here...for like 9 months! It's terrible! ...Summer

The Mighty Miners said...

Thats cute! it sounded very similar to my kids christmas lists. I like how they say "hi santa, this is what I want please get it for me". I remember writing letters, I just don't remember how we worded them when I was little, but my kids are so to the point ya know. I love the picture of you two outside, you look great for just having a baby, I never look good right after! way to go, enjoy your snow!

Anneke said...

That is SO cute! Love love the letter to Santa, and a little money to get him going?? What a sweet little boy!
I'm glad to know someone braved the snow. I went as far as to gather last year's winter gear but then realized most of it didn't still fit the girls, so we just watched the snow out the window and stayed warm... Wimps, I know...