Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Billy Blind Cleaners I'm Not

I found time today to actually do the some "Spring Cleaning" that's been on my list of things to do for a while now. As much as I dislike cleaning windows and blinds, I really love the end result, just wish it would last longer.
I had to laugh though, as I was cleaning the blinds in my bedroom window, I couldn't believe what I saw. Pulling up to my neighbor's home was this big ol' white truck with "Billy's Blind Cleaner" plastered on the side. For a split moment I thought my dreams had come true and someone else was coming to clean my blinds for me, but alas, it wasn't true. If I wanted to have clean blinds, I was going to have to do it myself. To all those lucky people out there that actually have someone else clean their blinds, "Can you really enjoy your clean blinds as much as I enjoy mine?"


Just because it made me laugh....and I didn't want to forget it!
Yesterday Aaron was outside playing on the playground when he dropped something and exclaimed, "CRAP!"
I quickly turned to him and said, "Aaron, I don't think that's something we should say."
Aaron looked at me and very seriously said, "Okay, how about 'HOLY CRAP?'"

3 comments:

The Wheelers said...

what aaron said was so funny! i keep putting off cleaning my blinds. funny that you really can actually pay someone else to clean yours for you. tempting...but they're probably not cheap!

Anonymous said...

I like Aaron! I try not to look at my blinds...that way I don't actually SEE the dirt!
...Summer

Anneke said...

Wow. I'm proud of you for cleaning your blinds! That's definately on my list of spring cleaning too... it's a very long list. The blinds on my kitchen window above my sink always seem to be a bit cleaner than the others cause I stand there and stare at them so often I guess. The other ones I just open and turn and walk away fast cause if I don't see the dirt, it's probably not there anymore... right?!