Monday, April 20, 2009

My New Adventure

I flew under the radar for six months and enjoyed just going to church and not having to worry about Sharing Time or if all the Primary Teachers would be there. It was good while it lasted. One Saturday morning about a month ago, I received a call from the Stake President who asked that Mark and I meet with him later that evening. Needless to say, that's not my way to start off a Saturday. The rest of the day was filled with worrying about what it was he wanted to see us for. I was convinced that he was giving Mark a new calling.

As it turned out, the calling was for me. Uggggh! A new program would be implemented for the Young Men and Young Women, and I was asked to help out. Our stake has very few youth, a total of 32 MiaMaids. Our Stake President has asked that we combine the mid-week activities or mutual with the six wards and do this by age-groups. I am the Stake MiaMaid Committee Leader, which in short means I oversee the MiaMaids' weekly mutual activity, and chair a committee of six Young Women 1st Counselors from each ward.

I haven't been in Young Women's for a while now...it's been fun to back. We've only had one activity so far, but I look forward to working with the MiaMaids. Haven't served with them before, always been with the Beehives.

If anyone out there has any great ideas they would love to pass on, I'm all ears!!

4 comments:

Brockett's said...

That is a new adventure!! I love Young Women's. That is were I'm currently serving as well!!

The Wheelers said...

have fun with that!!

Anneke said...

Wow... what a calling! Sounds like it will be super fun. The girls will LOVE you. Wish I had some great suggestions for activities... I'll be thinking on that one.

Anonymous said...

I was the Mia Maid Advisor for almost 4 years. I loved it so much! Those girls can be funny! You will have a blast!
...Summer