Sunday, February 22, 2009

May I see your card, sir?


Every time I enter the doors at the local Costco, I am greeted by an employee asking to see my membership card, and every time I show them my card and grab a cart and wonder what yummy samples they are serving. I have started to wonder how soon this will all come to an end for me. Apparently, my husband doesn't believe in showing his card when he enters the doors at Costco.

A few weeks ago Mark and I went to Costco. As we entered the door, the man said, "Sir, do you have your card?" Mark simply answered in the affirmative. The man then said, "May I see your card, sir?" To which Mark basically ignored and loaded the boys in the cart and went on his way. At this point, I was a little paranoid that this guy was going to track us down in the store and MAKE us show him our membership card. Could he take our card away? Would our trips to Costco be coming to a traumatic halt?

We made it through unharmed, yet Mark continues to believe he is exempt from showing his card as he enters the store. He told me the other day the woman at the door said she was calling security on him. He is such a rebel. But then, why do you have to show your card as you go in? It's not like you can buy anything without a card anyway! Maybe Mark has a point.

I just know that the next time I go to Costco, I will automatically take out my card and flash it to the person standing there - my entrance through the Costco doors shall remain untainted, as long as I don't let Mark come with me!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are so funny. I have a little of Mark in me too. I always think if they want to tackle me and my four kids down. Then dig through my purse/diaper bag for 20 min then I guess they might be able to see my costco card.
GO FOR IT!

Brockett's said...

I'm with Mark. I think it is ridiculous that I have to show my card. Why would I be there without one-it isn't like I can buy anything without it? What am I a spy from Sam's Club? Seriously I think it is beyond strange!!!

Anonymous said...

I get paranoid when Jason walks in ahead of me showing the card! I feel like I HAVE to explain to the lady that, "YES, I do have a card. It's with my husband standing right there." I don't know why they make people feel like criminals. Maybe it's Jason's fault...he needs to wait for me! GO MARK!
...Summer