Tuesday, September 30, 2008

True Blooded Aggie from Utah

It's been a while, but Mark and I took the boys up to Alumni Day/Family Day up at USU on September 13. The boys and I were all decked out in Aggie gear. My mom found an old maternity shirt she had from when she was expecting my little brother Tony (25 years ago). I had to wear it, and I wore it with pride. Got quite a few compliments on it to I might add.
The boys had a great time with the many free activities up on the quad - bouncy house, inflatable slides, velcro wall, fishing pond, football toss and rock climbing. I enjoyed the free Aggie icecream and sugar cookies we got to decorate ourselves. We had planned to meet my parents and watch the game that night - USU vs. Utah. Needless to say, I knew I wasn't going to be purchasing tickets for our family when I found out the general admission tickets cost $32. (They jack up the ticket prices for UofU and BYU games.) I couldn't pay that much for myself, not to mention for my 4 and 7 years boys. I called my mom and told her I was sorry but we wouldn't be coming inside to sit with them and that we would just have to go home. Well, long story short - and I still don't know how it all happened. Mark and my dad were given THREE FREE tickets and had to purchase one ticket for a whopping $20. How's that for savings -- $20 compared to the $128 I thought we'd have to pay. I was one happy camper. Only sad thing of the day - my Aggies lost, but that never stopped me from being a true Aggie.
It was funny too, that morning at breakfast Ethan said, "Mom, you and Dad are enemies." When I questioned him about what he was talking about, he said, "You are blue and dad is red." It's true, Mark graduated from the U, but I know I've helped put some Aggie blue in his blood.




7 comments:

Marty said...

Thanks for giving me a good chuckle over all those VERY cute pictures! And you are looking very CUTE! Can't wait for you to have your little aggie now! Good luck with that! We love you
marty

Anonymous said...

Pretty cute. I love to see you guys even if it's through blogging. I cant wait for the future Aggie to show his sweet little face. Good Luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a great time! And, great weather too! Fun pictures! You are looking awefully cute pregnant lady! ...Summer

Momma Dil said...

Mindy, you crack me up. I love the comment about you and Mark being enemies - too cute.

The Wheelers said...

that looked like it was fun! awesome deal on the tickets! and you are looking great, i love that your shirt was your moms!

hecklerwife said...

I love the true aggie shirt! I NEED one for my next pregnancy.

Bryant P. Castleton said...

Wow - if you are still "true blue" after all of these years I give you credit! I know I certainly tried to do my best to tease you out of it! The game last week was UGLY - I tried to make it out but it just didn't happen.

It is fun to be able to see the pics of your family and your cute boys. You are certainly a glowing expectant mother!