Sunday, September 21, 2008

Good-bye Uptown Taupe

Even the Webster's Dictionary calls taupe a soft, brownish-gray color, but when you call it Uptown Taupe - it turns PINK!! Ten years ago Mark bought the townhouse we currently live in, he choose all the colors himself. I have to admit he did quite well, I liked everything but the carpet. I never did like it and always teased him that we had pink carpet. Well, Thursday night we bid farewell to the old carpet, and Friday, we had ourselves a whole new home - I am one happy lady!! Say hello to "Old Pebble." I was so excited - once the carpet guy left, I vacuumed till I was sweating to death. I am really happy how everything turned out. I found myself just walking around on the carpet, like a lost little girl, just wandering and admiring all the hard work. Mark has done an excellent job. He's one Handy-man! Now I'm ready to put the house back together - it's one major "nesting" task before me. Hope I'm up to the challenge.

Before: Uptown Taupe
<

After: Old Pebble

4 comments:

Marty said...

WOW! It looks awesome Mindy! I'll send some positive nesting thoughts your way since you've got quite the task in front of you! Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

How pretty! And CLEAN! I wish my carpet looked like that!!! ...Summer

Anonymous said...

Love it that looks great, and not a moment to soon... isn't that babes about due? Good luck. Can't wait!

The Mighty Miners said...

It looks great! Good luck with all the cleaning, hopefully it will help that little guy get here a little sooner before his big brothers break in the carpeting too much :)