Thursday, January 22, 2009

My first attempt

So last Sunday I tried my hand at some of the things I learned at my first cake decorating class. Needless to say, the boys thought I was the best...great confidence booster. That only lasted until Tuesday night when I went to my second class and came home feeling rather frustrated that I couldn't make my flowers look like my instructor's!!! Mark said I just needed to practice. Was he just being nice or did he just want me to make another cake?

Either way, it's been fun! There are only three ladies in the class and they are both rather fun to be with. And like Tiffany said, (fellow classmate) "Now I can have a hobbie."

Please don't enlarge the pic, then you'll really see how much I NEED to practice. Just take a quick glance and think, "Man, Mindy might just have a chance of working for Duff on Ace of Cakes."


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a very pretty cake. I guess the boys didn't mind it was kinda girly.
I took a cake decorating class about ten years ago and really enjoyed it. Maybe I'll start up again... We can go into the wedding cake business when you move out.

The Wheelers said...

ummm, can i just say...awesome cake! and for your first one...even more awesome!

Anonymous said...

I buy my cakes because I can't do what you do! GREAT job! Looks awesome!
...Summer

Momma Dil said...

Way to go! The flowers are pretty tricky. I never got mine to look as good as the instructor's either. I think Mark is right...practice makes perfect!