Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Love makes you do some strange things...

This morning I caught my son red-handed. He tried to lock himself in the bathroom to hide the evidence. He was no match for me - I will soon sign a contract for CSI-Taylorsville, I'm that good.

He had taken the finger nail clippers to my most recently purchased necklace to extract three of his favorite stones. I remained calm and took the kid to school, hoping his teacher wasn't wearing a necklace.

Tonight he did it again. This time it made me a bit more mad. He had taken a sentimental ring and somehow crushed the band. It's destroyed. This time he said he wanted the diamonds. I cried and told him what he did was really mean. He finally confided in me that all he wanted was to give the cute girl in his class something special. Really!

Tonight when I go to bed I won't be taking off my wedding ring.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh no, Mindy.
Yeah... I can restring your necklace but I am no welder of metals.
That sucks.

The Mighty Miners said...

WOW that must be one very special girl in his glass :) amazing. I am suprise he even thought of it!! That really does stink!

Miranda said...

Cam and I were laughing and feeling sorry for you at the same time. You have a lot of work ahead of you! Good luck!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Maybe you could take him to the dollar store instead. They have lots of really 'nice' things for cute girls.