Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The remote to our t.v. has been missing for several days. A few months ago it went missing too. Mark later found it hiding in a box at the side/under of the bed. We attributed the hiding place to none other than our little Alex.


Looks innocent enough, right?!

Now not having a remote shouldn't be a problem, right. Just get up and change the channel yourself. Not so! Our remote is from the cable company and must be used to work with the little box they sent us.

Also near the time the remote went missing, a toilet got clogged. It was serious too. The plunger wouldn't work. Mark brought in the big guns, his auger, or something. I really don't know what it's called. That didn't' work either. The rule was - no doing your business in the boys bathroom.

Needless to say, someone forgot the rule last night. Poor Aaron...he had to do something I know he didn't want to do. But I made him. Mark brought the plunger back in to see what he could do. The toilet had been out of commission for nearly a week and a half. He said he started working and then saw something black. You guessed it! There was our lost remote!!



I still laugh thinking about it! I haven't spoken to TV World yet to see what they'll say. I thought about using this approach - "Here's my remote - it doesn't work. May I get a new one?"


The new house rule - Always shut the bathroom door!!

7 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

Wow! I hope that is the only thing that was stuck in your toilet! LOL.

Anyway, just dropping a few notes to offer my help. You can email, include your account number and a link to this page. We'll make sure a new one is ordered for you ASAP.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Alicia said...

Oh I am laughing out loud. I love it.

Alicia said...

And is that Comcast cares comment for real????

Mindy said...

For real or not? I'm not sure. Does Comcast always have people out searching the blog world for ways of helping or is this just a special they run during the holidays? I will have to let you know!

Just a side note: my word verification actually spells: rewet. Thought that was funny.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

The last time we had a major toilet problem, we had to take the whole toilet off and go in from underneath. And we found a juice box up in the bends of the toilet. Isn't parenting fun?

Amy said...

That is hilarious. You're right, he does look innocent...not so. :)

The Mighty Miners said...

HILARIOUS! EZ flooded our upstairs with some foam letters in october! And Last year one of the of the kids stuck an apple in there....man, why don't they make those pipes bigger??? what funny things the kids think to shove down there! ha ha ha