Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine Boxes

Who knew that being in third grade was such a big deal? Not only is this the year you start receiving actually grades - A, B, C, and such - rather than the old 1, 2, 3, but you also graduate to the Valentine level of having to bring a decorated box from home for your valentines.

Thinking back, I totally remember valentines boxes as something important and fun to look forward to, but I certainly cannot for the life of me remember how I decorated any of my boxes. That said, I found myself all excited once again about making a valentines box -- that was until we actually had to start the whole processes.

Ethan is a boy. All boy that is. This meant there would be no hearts, no lace doilies, and definately no pink tissue paper involved. Our third idea was the winner. And, if I do say so myself, I think we did a pretty great job too! We made Ethan a locker made out of a saltine cracker box. I was just excited that we actually had everything in the house we needed to make the silly thing. Truth be told, I finished it up by myself the night before the party while the little guys slept. He helped me with the finishing details in the morning so I could say he did actually help me. Ethan really liked it and said he was going to keep it for next year.



I laughed when I I looked inside his cracker box and saw all the many valentines stuffed in there. You see, Ethan has a terrible problem with collectng things and clutter. He loves stuff!! Seeing the inside of that locker took my mind to the future and what his locker will look like when he's in highschool. I just hope the poor kid can find his text books when he needs them.

No comments: