Friday, October 16, 2009

Not sure what to think

Today I took Alex to his one-year well-child check up. I left the appointment feeling the worries of a concerned mother. I've learned through many experiences that it doesn't matter the situation, if one of my boys has something going wrong, I want to fix it. I don't want them to suffer, or be hurt, or struggle. I just want them to be happy little boys that love life and their surroundings. After the appointment I felt like the doctor I met with threw a wrench in the mix for my little Alex and me.

Alex is amazing. He's always had this mild manner about him. It seems as though he just watches what's going on around him and takes it all in. Long story short, the doctor was concerned about Alex's gross motor skills and asked me to meet with some health agency to review his progress and check things out more. I have no idea right now what this all means. I keep telling myself this little guy just wants to take his time to do things; its no big deal. I'm sure that's all it is.

But, whatever it is or is not, I know for certain, that I love the way he smiles when he sees me. I love the way he flaps his arms when he's excited, and I love that he is part of our family.

6 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Maybe the doc has some good reasons, but I've learned that us moms really know our kids. We can't really expect a doc to assess our babies in just 10 minutes, when we're with them all the time. And they all grow and develop so differently. And we just love them so so much.

I'll be thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

He's still SO young! If my doctor would have listened to me at Preston's 18 month appointment, we would have been able to get him help sooner. Atleast your doctor is DOING something! I'm sure he is totally fine. He apparently is as perfect as can be! No worries!
...Summer

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

Well...shucks. I'm sure you will get it figured out. You've got a good head on your shoulders so you can be cautious without over reacting. I hope its just that he's taking his time with things. Kids all develop so differently. It's fun to see how much Alex is looking like his older brothers.

Alicia said...

First of all-- Alex is perfect in my eyes. I'm sure everything will be okay, but I (like you) would be freaking out... you'll have to keep me posted.
As for your comment, I didn't see it until after we got home from the Temple. I didn't know you were a blogger! Yay! I'm glad you found me. :)
Your blog is so cute. It looks like you guys had a blast on your vacation (jealous), and your boys are darling. I love that little Aaron dude. I just think he is hilarious.

Marty said...

I love you, and I love your cute fun family! They are perfect!

farmgirl said...

It's always better to be pro-active. But, stick to your guns and go with your gut. You know that sweet little fella better than any body else. Being a mom is so dag-gum heart wrenching! I'm thinking of you, hang in there and keep us all posted. :o)