Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The B-Word and other laughs

Thanks for all your love and support! Only a few more days until I have my visit with the nurse, therapist, and social worker. They are all coming to our home to check out this little guy and his development. I'm feeling better about things and how he's coming along, even in the short time it has been since my last doctor appointment. We'll see!!!

Funny stories of the week:
After several and I mean SEV.ER.AL. hours of working at the rental trying to get things cleaned up and ready to show again for new renters, Mark said to us all, "What would you guys think if we had to move into this house?"
Ethan quickly replied, "We'll need a lot of Febreze!"
Again I'm reminded why I really hate cigarette smoke. Don't people read their contracts?


I was talking to a neighbor on her porch when a little 3-year old girl came up to me and said, "Aaron said the "B-word."
I stopped and looked at my neighbor, trying to figure out what to say. I really didn't think Aaron had ever even heard anyone use such a term as THE "b-word." I laughed it off and went to find Aaron.
When I found Aaron, he immediately said to me, "Mom, I know the B-word. It is for Halloween. But I can't tell you, it's bad."
I told Aaron, "You can tell me, just whisper it in my ear."
His reply, "BOO!"

Boy was I one relieved momma!!!

5 comments:

Brockett's said...

You'd better nip that swearing in the bud before it gets out of control! LOL What a funny kid.

Good luck on everything with the nurses, therapist, etc. No matter what they say I loved your post about Alex and his milestones and what a special place he fills in your family. Love you!!

Alicia said...

1. Man-- I love that Aaron. He is the funniest kid. :)
2. Don't move. We need some normalcy around here.
3. Good luck with everything concerning little Alex. Everything will be fine. You are wonderful parents. (At least, Blaine and I say so all the time.)

Anneke said...

Thanks for the laugh! Kids are the best! And your boys are soooo funny. :)

kelli said...

Ha ha. Love the b-word story. And don't you just wonder what was going through the other mother's head?

Rentals....yuck! We've had TERRIBLE luck with rentals. Hope it's working out better for you!

farmgirl said...

The B-word, that's too funny. Kid's crack me up. Around here the "S-word" is Shut U-P. The tattler will never say it so it' always spelled. :)