Thursday, November 13, 2008

A-Rod is one month old today...



Today our little Alex is one month old. On one hand it seems like we were just at the hospital bringing this guy home, and on the other, it seems like he's always been a part of the family.

He's growing and changing so quickly, at least that's what everyone says. Sometimes it's hard to see his changes when all I seem to do is look at him all day long. Most people comment that they think he looks like Ethan. I'm starting to be convinced of that myself. The other day at church this lady told Mark she saw Alex's profile and thought he looked a bit like Joseph Smith. I'll have to get a photo of his sleeping profile for you all to check it out yourself.

There's an amazing woman in our ward that I served in the Relief Society presidency with that came to visit and see baby Alex. She told me something that touched my heart, something I'll always remember. When Helen had her first baby, she told her mother she didn't want anymore children because she didn't think she could love another child. Her mother told her, you don't have to love them, they bring their love with them. How true this is - this little guy, all eight pounds of him has brought so much love to our family. How blessed we are to have him here!!





This last picture was just funny and I had to include it. Aaron was just so tired, he couldn't quite make it through dinner and totally crashed right there at the table.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How true that is. I remember thinking I could never love another baby as much as I loved my RED. But with each new child comes new love.
It's funny Burke and I looked at the pictures before I read the post and when we saw Ethan and Alex I said they are twins!

Anonymous said...

How smart that woman's mother was! Each child is so totally different too! My two are night and day. However, I love each of them so much it surprises me! Funny sleeping picture! What a sweetheart! ...Summer

Marty said...

What did you do to get Aaron soo tired? Poor guy! I was trying to decide who A-Rod look like. I found some baby pictures of Aaron and they've both got the chubby cheeks but Alex does have a dark complexion. What a handsom guy!

Momma Dil said...

A month already?! That seem super fast, but then again I'm not the one getting up with him at night :) He's a cutie.

Bryant P. Castleton said...

Wow! Where have I been. I haven't checked your blog in a while and I am so happy to see your beautiful new addtion - CONGRATS!!

It is so fun to be able to stay in touch this way.

BTW - I think that Aaron looks a bit like Tony used to when we were growing up.