Monday, June 9, 2014

Looking Up

Summer is here and that means more time with the boys. Of course I have made a daily list of task for them to do with the hope that we can stick to it all summer. One list item includes journaling. I wanted them to keep up wth their writing skills and also take time to write down their thoughts and our doings from day to day.

This morning was a fun time trying to get the boys to stay on task with weeding in the yard. It is so nice to have grass growing. We have so many weeds. After nearly an hour of being out here, I am not sure I can see much progress.

Alex is here telling me he wants to save someone. He wants to be a fireman and save a kitty and a dog and rescue people. Sounds like a great plan to me.

Last week he and I were on our way home from therapy. He started yelling, "rainbow, rainbow". I had no clue what he was talking about. I was trying to figure out what he was looking at when he told me that the sun made a rainbow. I looked up and saw a "rainbow" in the clouds.
Later that day I looked it up and found out it is called a circumhorizontal arc. The colors got more and more intense and within  a half an hour it was gone.

He is constantly helping me slow down. Because of him I see things I probably wouldn't otherwise. I love that about him. Remember to take time to look around you. Remember to look up.

No comments: