Thursday, September 13, 2012

Another school year

Summer was over before we knew. We had to drag ourselves out of our beds and make the walk up to the bus stop. This year the bus stops at the top of the lane, rather than down by Grandpa and Grandma Gull's. It takes us roughly five minutes to get there, faster if you know you're late or she's early...

First school picture taken on the porch at the new house.
Seemed a little surreal.


Ethan started 6th grade and is in the orchestra playing the violin. He surprised his mother completely with that request. He's quite excited! He just got his violin on Tuesday. He goes to the high school twice a week before school and then is bussed over to the elementary. Can't believe this is his last year in elementary. Next year I'll have a junior high kid. Not sure how I feel about that one!

Aaron stared 3rd grade and loves school, being with friends, and learning. He also loves that he is taller than his older brother. They certainly have their own style. And as they get older it is harder to not force my own style on them. They are who they are. And I love them for it. At least Ethan will pull down his socks a bit for me, you can see the slouch in the socks here.

2 comments:

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

Ethan still looks so much like Robby! It's looks like he's about as tall as him too. Robby is going to be starting orchestra soon. He is playing the cello. I'm glad they have one for us to rent.

Amy said...

Wow! I didn't realize that Ethan was in 6th grade! Seriously??! Woah. time flies. I thought he was in 5th. I keep forgetting.

That is so awesome that he is starting up with the violin! Fantastic.

Aaron is great! That is pretty cool that he's taller than his "big" brother. Go Aaron!