Friday, July 22, 2011

Guess what made my day?



The road is getting laid with asphalt! After thinking it was going to finally happen on Tuesday, I was told it would happen on Thursday. Yesterday I was all prepared with my building permit papers in hand and drove out to see the beautiful road and turn in the paper work. We drove out to an empty subdivision and no work done on the road. Tomorrow I told. I was getting tired of hearing about things getting pushed backed, again. I stopped on the side of the road and cried. And to be truthful, we stopped at McDonalds on the way home, and I bought the boys ice cream.

Fast forward to today. I had a text message from my S&MIL telling me they were working on the road. The best was the message from my FIL telling me they had finished our drive way.

I had to drive out AGAIN to see the progress. When we got there the paver wasn't working and a handful of workers were sitting under a tree in the shade. The dump trucks had left to refill with asphalt. By the time we walked down to check out our driveway and visited Grandma for a bit, the trucks were back with new loads - and they just kept coming -- truck after truck. Each one went by and I had to think, how much money is each one of these worth? We went back up and watched the trucks unload their trailers into the hopper and lay that black asphalt down. It was beautiful!!





Of course Monday has to be a holiday. I'll have to wait until Tuesday to submit the building permit papers. I'm hoping to have a hole dug, maybe even some framing complete, before my parents leave for their mission to South Africa. A girl can dream!

A before pic:



Well, here's my new AFTER:

6 comments:

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

It's a pretty road! I can see some boys having fun on their bikes on a road like that!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Congratulations! How exciting. And please send our good wishes to your parents! The blessings that come when parents serve missions are amazing! Enjoy!!!

Miranda said...

Hurray! Finally. You have to pay for the road right? Does that mean you get to name it to? I like the sound of Mindy Lane.

Alicia said...

Oh, happy day!!! I've never seen a prettier picture or blog post.

Rachael said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!! I know this has been SO long in coming! Finally progress!!!!! The good thing about all of these "lessons" in patience is when you FINALLY see some progress it is just incredible!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

Amy said...

Oooh!! That is one beautiful road! Yeah Mindy!!!

That is so exciting about your parents! I hadn't heard. When do they leave?

And I'll hope and pray that you have a hole dug and some framing done too, VERY SOON!