Monday, July 11, 2011

07/11






How about celebrated 7/11 with a hike up to the boys favorite spot - Donut Fall - and then topping it off with a Slurpee, (also know as a "Special Drink") free just today as it was 7/11.

I forgot Alex's backpack, so I made the kid walk about 1/2 of the way himself. It was great PT for him up until he fell and came down pretty hard and hit his nose. Needless to say, I looked like one rugged hiker with blood stains across my shirt.

The funny part of today's hike was Alex and the hydration packs. He couldn't get enough of that water. First he started with Ethan's water. When Ethan wanted a drink, he had to pry Alex off. Before we knew it, he was drinking off of Aaron's. I finally had to wear Aaron's pack myself and put Alex up on my shoulder's so he could drink and we could keep walking.







Due to all the snow and the wet spring, we weren't able to get very close to the falls this time. The boys were a bit disappointed and were trying to find someway to cross the river. It was quite pretty with all the extra white water falling down the mountain side.

Tonight we went out to Grandpa Gull's potato weeding party and dug in the dirt till the sun went down. I had to take some pics of the new culvert for Mark. He hasn't seen it yet as he's been one busy man at work lately. No finished road yet...it has taken a long time. We are told that the asphalt will be done by July 21. Crossing my fingers.





My layout is all messed up, but it's late, and I really don't want to take the time to figure out the HTML right now....

No comments: