Monday, October 4, 2010

Sew What!

As if sewing patches on for one scout wasn't enough! Mark went to the Scout Shop and made a big purchase. Seriously, scouts shirts cost way too much, not to mention the many patches they adorn them with, and Mark couldn't just buy any scout shirt, I'm sure the one he bought was the most expensive. That's just how this guy roles. He tells me he needs one. I'm thinking I haven't seen any other bishopric member at Pack Meeting in their scout shirt.I'm pretty sure he would have turned his nose up on any scout shirt I brought home. Because you know I would have searched high and low and found me one at the DI for a bargain.

Now I just have to perfect sewing on these patches. I know half of them are suppose to iron on, but Mark's shirt is nylon, and I don't dare put the heat too high on the iron. With my luck, I'd burn a hole in his freaking scout shirt!


Oh how I love my Scouts!

3 comments:

The Mighty Miners said...

good luck....gotta love those patches :)

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

The iron on ones never stay and then when they fall off they leave an ugly sticky residue that frustrates me beyond belief. One time, I thought if I warmed the shirt up (in the microwave!) then I may be able to scrape off the ugly sticky residue. But instead, the shirt started on fire in the microwave, thanks to the metal scout pin I neglected to remove! I tell yu, there is a big conspiracy behind scouting. It's not enough for our boys to 'be prepared'....their parents have to be broke. It's all worth it though, right? kelli

farmgirl said...

Kelli's comment cracks me up! My dear old hubby has been the scout master for 13 years of our marriage--that's a long time!! Scouting really is a conspiracy, and it's trying to kill me very, very slowly.
Is it bad to admit that I have hot glued the patches on??? Yep, I'm that kind of wife/mother.