Friday, September 17, 2010

Pop Quiz


You know your kid likes playing soccer when:
a. After his 1 1/2 hour practice he comes home only to play more soccer.
b. He asks every morning what day it is, hoping that it's finally Saturday, the day of his first soccer game.
c. He stuffs his soccer uniform, cleats, socks and guards in his backpack so he can change when it's recess.
d. All of the above.


Aaron got signed up for Fall soccer with Taylorsville Rec Center, and this kid is all over the game of soccer. It killed me when I emptied out his backpack to find all his soccer gear. He said he changed for two recesses. I still can't figure out how he did it all. He came home wearing the same clothes I sent him to school in. His coach said at the first practice that he was going to treat this team like a competition team and not just a rec team. So, between Coach Joe and Crazy Kid Aaron, I think we are going to have soccer running through our veins. Just don't consider me an official soccer mom yet.

2 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Soccer can very easily become all consuming! Every fall and every spring, we commit our lives to the game. And this year, we were even crazy enough to let one of the kids sign up for a summer league!

BTW...if you've got a soccer lovin kiddo, you MUST get him to a SL REAL game. They are SO much fun for the whole family. And you live so close to the new stadium in Sandy!

Mindy said...

@ Kelli - You are totally right about Real. I know my husband would love to go as well. I was a little sad when I signed Aaron up. In the past they have given the kids two Real tickets - unfortunately, SL County is no longer affiliated with Real, which means no tickets for the kids.
Guess we'll have to get there on our own.