Thursday, May 20, 2010

A whole new world

Tomorrow I say good bye to the glasses I've been wearing since I was in the third grade. That's almost 30 years!
Thanks to Mark, Dr. Hoopes, and our accummulating HSA account, when I wake up on Saturday morning, I won't have to look for my glasses anymore. I am totally excited and totally scared all at the same time. My little brother Tony assures me I'll love it! I just can't believe the day it actually here!

And while I'm talking about exciting and scaring news....last night the Erda Township APPROVED our subdivision, without any restrictions either! Now we have to go before the County Commissioners in a few weeks, and I think we're good to go! Hand me a shovel, and we'll start digging a hole! When Mark called to tell me the news last night (I choose to stay home with the boys this time!)
Ethan asked, "Is that Dad you're talking to? What is he saying? Can we build a house?"

We had told the boys what was going on and what the meeting was about. They were so dissappointed last month when we told them we still didn't know if we could build a house yet. When I told them that daddy said the people said we could build a house they were jumping up and down and screaming. It was pretty funny! Something I'll remember forever.

Then Aaron said to his brother, "Now we can get a trampoline."
Ethan then said, in all seriousness, "Yeah, but it's going to take SIX months to build a house."

I'm not sure where he came up with that, but he sounded like he was an expert on home building when he said it. I don't think come Christmas I'll have me a new home, but I'd certainly like to hope that I'll have one started!! Here's to hoping!

5 comments:

Brockett's said...

I'm totally jealous about the Lasik but very excited for you. That is also great news about the house!!! Sounds like it's been a good week at your house!!

Marty said...

YAY!!! How very exciting!! You know that I'll be out there for a couple of weeks that you can put me to work to help dig that hole! Good luck tomorrow!!

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

Yeah!!!! on both counts! Let us know about the Lasik. I have been talking to my optomotrist about it. I have also been thinking about going to Hoopes.

Miranda said...

Congratulations on the house, and good luck with surgery!

Rachael said...

So so so so so happy for you!!! (I know you guys have been waiting and waiting for this!)

... but so sad for us! We already miss you...