Monday, March 8, 2010

Primary Jitters and Cheerleaders

Each Fast Sunday Mark finds himself either teaching the YM's quorum, giving a talk in Primary, or conducting Fast and Testimony meeting. Yesterday he was on his first rotation in the Primary.

He had worked on putting together a cute little talk for the kids, complete with visual aids and everything. I was teasing him that I needed to come in and listen to him give his talk.

He stood up and told the Primary children that he was a little nervous because he hadn't given a talk in Primary since he was a little boy. Then from a few rows back, Ethan yelled out, "You can do it, Dad!"

I'm sure there were a few chuckles from the teachers and leaders, not to mention the smile it brought to Mark's face. But this got me thinking. Wouldn't it be nice to have a cheerleader for life's little trials? Someone there just giving you the encouragement you need to stand up and face the world.

I think that's what I need right now! My own personal cheerleader!

Tryouts start tomorrow!

3 comments:

farmgirl said...

Gimme an M-I-N-D-Y!! Mindy, Mindy, she's our gal!! GooooOOOOO MINDY!!!!

How'd I do??

Mindy said...

Thanks Mary Ann! You're hired!!! Add cheerleader to your list of talents!

Marty said...

oh man, I'm too late. Unless you are taking more??? Because you know I'm always there to cheer you on!