Monday, January 11, 2010

Sweet Surprises

This morning when I heard a knock at the door, this is what I found on the other side.


Don't you love sweet surprises like fresh flowers; not to mention thoughtful husbands!?!

Along the lines of surprises -- I'm still trying to figure out whether it will be a sweet one or not is the fact that Mark was called to serve in our bishopric yesterday. I think this should be filed more under shock, rather than surprise. At least for me.

I am truly grateful to be part of such a wonderful ward family that has already shown such love and support not only for Mark, but for our family. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this all and what it means. I know the reality with hit me hard when Sacrament meeting rolls around next week, and I find myself on the pew with my three boys and dad sitting on the stand staring back at us. My good friend Terry has already stepped up to the plate and said she'll be my backup.

Like Mark said to me yesterday, when we toasted to the New Year and change, we didn't have this in mind.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I can't think of a better family for the job. You'll (all) be great. :)

Anneke said...

what a sweet husband! And wow - what a big job for him - and you! It was bound to happen.